Outline of Session:
1. Opening comments, with student groups given choice of format of session - either "didactic" session" with focus on key concepts, illustrated by examples; a focus on 7 cases "clerked", or hybrid of both.
Inquire about current radiology knowledge base
(2. Tips for using Centricity to view and present radiology images)
3. Review of basic principles when using and analyzing XRs of the abdomen (AXR), ultrasound and CT
4. Brief clinical case presentation with focus on reviewing the use and interpretation of key radiological findings on imaging (for the clerked cases)
For each clinical case, briefly describe the clinical presentation, key clinical findings, working diagnosis, and choice of radiology/imaging investigation. What XRs, and scans were selected by the clinical team? Why were they chosen? In that sequence?
End of session Q and A
Mesenteric fat-tumour interface and also another example
5. Unknown quiz cases from Instagram site - screenshot and link below
6. Further reading (see below)
Additional online learning resources:
Earlier M3 Tutorials: